School Immersion

A Place to Visit

The weather feels so nice and warm this day. People smile a lot and having a great moment with their friends or colleague. But, not with Jane. She frowns a lot. It looks like Mr. Sunshine warms can't affect her mood. Alysa and Dona come over her to lighten the mood.

Alysa : "Hey Jane, it looks like you struggling in a bad condition on this great day."
Dona : "Yes, how can we help you?"
Jane   : "Is it looks very obvious?"
Dona : "Yeaa, you frown a lot. I worried you gonna hurt your forehead afterward."
Alysa : "So, can we help you? Do you want to buy something? chocolate? People say chocolate can heal anything."
Jane   : "No no no you don't have to. Be with you guys in this situation get me really better."
Alysa : "Aww sweety Jane. What's the problem?"
Jane    : "As you guys know, I'm in the event division for School Immerse this year. I and my team already choose Cambodia as a place to visit. We already prepare the schedule, destinations, and any kind of that but our school can't accept it."
Dona : "Whyy?"
Jane  : "They say during this situation, there are so many families who suffer from an unstable economy. Going to the other country seems impossible. They worried we can't fulfill the cost."
Alysa : "Well I kinda agree with our school. We can't burden our friends with a lot of purses."
Jane   : "Yes I really agree with that, but the things that make me stressed out is we need to find another destination within 2 days with all the details. It really freaked me out. My team really need to find the right place. We're not just seeing the scenery or how beautiful the place is, but there must be a value that we can get after visiting the place."
Dona : "Ahh I see. Shall I give you an option for the destination? maybe it can help"
Jane   : "Sure Dona, it's so nice of you"
Dona  : "What about Papua?"
Alysa : "Wow that's sounds fascinating. I want to know why?"
Dona : "I think Papua is a great choice. It's really rare for Indonesia citizens to explore our east region. We really know a little about Papua culture. They have a great culture, a great story to tell, and a hidden beauty scenery. Our school program is such a really good one. I think we should take a really good chance to explore our own country, our own culture, and I hope we can share it with the world."
Jane  : "I get the point. How about the destination?"
Dona : "First, because we want to get values from this trip, I think Lembah Baliem is a great choice. This is the place where the Dani tribe lives. They still stick to the culture and tradition from the predecessor. Besides them, there's also the Yani tribe and the Lani tribe. Every year, in August they held a festival. Here each tribe shows their power to each other. Don't worry its a safe performance. We can learn a lot about their culture and art from the festival."
Alysa  : "That's really cool. Any other destination?"
Dona   : "I suggested going to the Raja Ampat"
Jane     : "OMG yes! I craving going to Raja Ampat too."
Dona   : "Yes! after surrounded by the forest in Lembah Baliem, I think we need some fresh air from the sea. We can dive in Arborek and see so many fish and coral there."
Jane    : "Okay noted."
Alysa  : "But Dona, I'm not sure about going to Papua. We need to take several flights to get there and not using a common airplane, but the small one. The tracks are still bad. Plus I guarantee there's no house that can provide all of us. There are a lot of us. I think it's not convenient to get there."
Jane    : "You are right. I hear that the cost to Raja Ampat is higher than going to Singapore."
Alysa  : "Yes, so I'd prefer to go to Toba Lake in North Sumatra. I really agree with Dona that we need to explore our country more and I think going to Sumatra is more convenient than going to Papua. There, in Toba Lake, we can visit Tomok Village where the Batak ethnic group living. We can learn about Bataks' culture and tradition here. All of the buildings are still traditional, it called Bolon house. There is also Batak Tomok Museum, King Sidabutar cemetery, and also performance like Sigale-gale puppet."
Dona  : "That's cool. Any good place to take a photo?"
Alysa  : "Of course! You'll be amazed by the scenery. There is Situmurun Binangalom Waterfall near Toba Lake and the birthplace of Batak tribe, Pusuk Buhit. Both of the places will give you an astonishing view."
Jane   : "After a long talk with you, I have a new idea for this year. How about visiting one of the schools in our destination and make some events that provide us and the students there to tell each other tradition. We tell about West Java tradition and they tell their own region tradition. What do you think?"
Dona  : "I'm up for it!"
Alysa  : "It's a good idea Jane. We can interact more with our own local peers."
Jane    : "Okay guys, all of your ideas will be my consideration. I need to talk with my team too. Thank you so much guys for giving me a lot of ideas. Because you make my stress disappear, Let me buy you something in the canteen, Let's go!"
Dona  : "Free food!"

And that's how Jane's bad day disappear. Help each other can bring a lot of joy.

The end.

Comments

Popular Posts